I have prepared some PJL files. Enjoy and try create new one to other printers :)
It should work on other HL printers but you do it for your own risk.
First read: PJL – send commands to printer in RAW, BIN file
LZ4326_E.blf – version 1.06
LZ4326_G.blf – version 1.08
You can send the firmware blf file directly to the printer with . I have described how to send RAW BIN files to printer: PJL – send commands to printer in RAW, BIN file
You can use FILEDG32.exe against PrintFile from there:
Official firmware upgrade procedure
To flash firmware in official way you have to do it on 32bit system. Most recommended is Windows XP (you can do it on the virtual machine with redirected USB via virtualbox addons). I have found drivers for x64 but this printer works Maintenance Driver(1/3) which not works on x64.
Brother Brother Maintenance USB Port drivers:
There is mainteance drivers for win7 on a newer printers (both platform x64 and x86):
On windows 8 and above you have to disable driver singing policy: Manual install drivers and disable drivers signing policy on Windows 10, 8, 8.1
First you have to switch printer to maintenance mode then install drivers and send the firmware file with FILEDG32 or PrintFile.
- Turn off the printer. AC power cord connected.
- Press and hold Power button (Ready and Error LED lit) – you can release on the step 6.
- While still holding open top cover. Only Ready LED lit.
- Take out Drum unit, Error led lit. Put back drum unit.
- Close top cover. If both leds lit you can release Power button. All leds goes out (off).
- Hold Power button for 2 seconds until Error led lits then release. Ready led will lit.
- Connect USB to machine and install drivers.
- Send firmware file to printer called Maintenance.
- READY and ERROR led will blinks (that’s mean firmware is flashing – wait for finish).
There is a few ways.
- TESTED Manually set the gear in the toner cartridge:
- TESTED Do some stuff with the printer:
- Turn off the printer. AC connected.
- Hold Power button and both: Ready (Green) and Error (Orange) LEDs lit.
- While still holding Power open top cover. Ready LED lit, Error off.
- While still holding Power take out Drum unit with toner.
- Both LEDs lit then release Power.
- Both LEDs off.
- Set on drum unit and close top cover
- Press Power twice. Error led lit.
- Press Power:
- five times to reset Starter toner
- six times to reset Standard toner
- NOT CONFIRMED the correct syntax Send PJL file with commands (i have to test it – is it command or value):
@PJL SET SETTONER=STANDARD
@PJL DEFAULT SETTONER=STANDARD
@PJL SET REPLACETONER=CONTINUE
@PJL DEFAULT REPLACETONER=CONTINUE
Set toner to standard model and continue mode.
Download prepared file:
Disable Power Off
To disable Power off you can change the regional setting (probably with EXECUTE BRLOCALIZE) or just send PJL:
@PJL SET POWERDOWN=HOUR8
@PJL DEFAULT POWERDOWN=HOUR8
Where MIN0 is Powef Off = OFF. Default for european countries is 1 hour. Turkey 4 hours.
Restore default configuration
- Manual method
- Turn off printer. AC connected.
- Press and hold Power button.
- While still holding Power open and close top cover and release power.
- Press power button ten times
- PJL send
@PJL EXECUTE SHUTDOWN
That PJL command will reset every part of printer:
- errors log, codes
- page counter, roller counter, feeder
- all configuration
- everything else
@PJL EXECUTE REVIVALRESET
|@PJL INFO VARIABLES||Values|
|COPIES=1 [2 RANGE]||From 1 to 999|
|LPARM:PCL PAPER=A4 [4 ENUMERATED]||LETTER, LEGAL, A4, FOLIO|
|MANUALFEED=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|RESOLUTION=600 [3 ENUMERATED]||300, 600, 1200|
|TIMEOUT=5 [2 RANGE]||From 1 to 99|
|AUTOCONT=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|AUTOSLEEP=ON [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|TIMEOUTSLEEP=1 [2 RANGE]||From 0 to 210|
|POWERSAVE=ON [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|POWERSAVETIME=1 [2 RANGE]||From 0 to 210|
|ECONOMODE=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|ECONOLEVEL=1 [2 RANGE]||From 0 to 3|
|MEDIATYPE=REGULAR [2 ENUMERATED]||REGULAR, RECYCLED|
|INTRAY2=UNLOCKED [2 ENUMERATED READONLY]||UNLOCKED, LOCKED|
|SOURCETRAY=AUTO [2 ENUMERATED]||AUTO, TRAY1|
|XOFFSET=0 [2 RANGE]||From -500 to 500|
|YOFFSET=0 [2 RANGE]||From -500 to 500|
|AUTOFF=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|TIMEOUTFF=5 [2 RANGE]||From 1 to 99|
|FFSUPPRESS=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|DEFPAPER=A4 [2 ENUMERATED]||A4, LETTER|
|RAS1200MODE=OFF [3 ENUMERATED]||OFF, ON, TRUE|
|DENSITY=0 [2 RANGE]||From -6 to 6|
|TRANSFER=AUTO [3 ENUMERATED]||AUTO, LOW, HIGH|
|STRINGCODESET=HPROMAN8 [6 ENUMERATED]||HPROMAN8, ISO88592, ISO88595, JISX02011976, ISO88599, UTF8|
|LESSPAPERCURL=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|FIXINTENSITYUP=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|DENSITYLEVELUP=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|TRANSFERLEVELUP=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|PCLCONPULSORYFFIGNOREMODE=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|HQMMODE=OFF [2 ENUMERATED]||OFF ON|
|TRANSFERLEVEL=0 [2 RANGE]||From -2 to 2|
Download (PDF, Unknown)
RAW PJL command list
There is a list of commands and special values (constants, other values could be alphanumerical) . Most of them aren’t exist in official documentation BUT WORKS, be carefull. Continue reading