After flashing Lenovo S60 from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 (or 5.0.1) i ove got weird mode: Marshall London HS-USB Diagnostics 9006 and a lot of removable media.
In this mode you can access directly eMMC memory in phone. Use EMMC RAW TOOL to backup (read) all partitions!!!
Easy way: flash with MiFlash
Download and install: MiPhone 2.11.6 (MiFlash). (yes, just use miflash to flash lenovo)
Run MiFlash choose Advanced:
and browse for all correct files:
Then click ok and in the main windows flash and wait.
Another way: eMMC memory
You can just read and write eMMC memory in this mode. I will use eMMC RAW Tool 18.104.22.168 (source: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=655617 ).
In this mode you can backup all partition. You should do that first! Click Read Selected Partitions. First Select gpt_main0.bin file.
Write partitions images:
- First do the read partitions!!!! Browse > Select gpt_main0.bin file > Click Load partition structure then read.
- Load GPT partition table. In write column Browse > Select gpt_main0.bin file > Click Load partition structure > Make sure in presets is MBR-GPT-OTHER > Click Write selected partitions:
- Do the same with partitions image what you have. Choose preset, browse for correct file and click write selected partitions. Do not make a mistake (wrong preset with wrong image file).
You can check correct files in rawprogram0.xml:
- MBR-GPT-OTHER – gpt_main0.bin
- MODEM – NON-HLOS.bin
- SBL1 and SBL1BAK – sbl1.mbn and sbl1.mbn_sbl1bak
Do not flash these, only do a BACKUP (read):
There is a IMEI and other important settings!
- After correctly writing images you can reset phone by pressing Power button for 10-30 seconds.
- Do the factory reset in recovery menu. (without it phone will stuck in boot, just press Vol+ and Vol- and pwr buutton, choose english and fuse wipe data, cache or choose power off and press vol- and connect usb cable, choose factory default)
- Flash again the same ROM which cause trouble, it should work now!